Live life carefree and with the confidence you’ve always wanted with period problem treatments at Sthetix. Our dedicated team of highly qualified surgeons are on hand to work with you and your every need to deliver effective and transformative results.
Introduction to Period Problems
Period problems include any of the following:
- Heavy periods
- Irregular periods
- Bleeding between periods
- Postcoital bleeding
- Postmenopausal bleeding
There are different causes for heavy periods including hormonal imbalance, endometrial polyps, fibroids. In many cases no cause can be found.
How common are menstrual disorders?
5% of women aged 18 to 49 consult their doctor for heavy periods be it regular or irregular.
What are the health consequences of heavy periods?
Besides the incontinences and the occasionally embrecing moments heavy periods may be associated with:
- Anaemia leading to lack of energy and feeling continually drained.
- Ovulation problems leading to reduced fertility
- Contraceptive methods that not agree with you
- Interruption of sex life
- Cancerous change in the lining of the womb (In older age women)
- Compromised quality of life
Diagnosing possible causes
- Review health questionnaire, perform a physical examination
- Full blood count
- Vaginal USS
- Hysteroscopy and endometrial sampling in selected cases while awake or asleep
This will depend on age, need for contraception, whether completed the family and any possible cause identified during the investigation.
1. Medical management using tablets
2. Mirena IUS system (Same visit)
3. Surgical management :
a. Removal of cervical or endometrial polyp (Same visit or a re-visit)
b. Endometrial ablation using the most up to date technologies
c. Hysterectomy as an ultimate choice
Our approach ensures:
- The provision of adequate information
- Unhurried consultations
- Continuity of care
- Convenience in arranging consultation and treatment