Live life with the confidence you’ve always wanted with PCOS treatment at Sthetix. From hair removal to hormone imbalance management, we offer a full treatment course designed to target all unwanted symptoms with fantastic results.
Introduction to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
The main features of PCOS are fewer or absent periods, increased unwanted hair, acne, tendency to put on weight. PCOS is common, affecting 5-10 per cent of women. It tends to run in families.
How can Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome be diagnosed?
In addition to the above features your doctor will arrange for you to have:
1. A blood test: This may reveal a slightly elevated testosterone hormone and an elevated ratio of the LH and the FSH hormones.
2. A pelvic ultrasound scan: May reveal the typical appearance of several small cysts in the ovaries.
3. Other tests may necessary depending on the condition, e.g., glucose tolerance test to check the future risk of diabetes
What are the consequences of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?
- Unwanted hair and acne may cause reduced self esteem and social confidence
- Reduced female fertility because of infrequent or absent ovulation
- Increased risk of developing diabetes specially in overweight women
- Increased risk of cancer of he lining of the womb
- Difficulty in losing excessive weight
What is the treatment for PCOS?
The integrated approach on offer to mange PCOS achieves outstanding quality of care and guarantees the highest level of personal satisfaction. It includes:
- The management of excess hair: Different therapies as are available including laser treatment, facial cream to reduce new hair growth, and hormonal treatment
- The management of excess weight
- The management of Hormonal imbalance
- The management of infertility: The full range of infertility investigations and treatments including ovulation induction are on offer.
- The management of the risk of diabetes