What Causes Varicose Veins And Spider Veins?
Varicose veins, more commonly known as “Spider Veins,” can occur due to a variety of reasons. While the two names are interchanged fairly often, there is a difference between them and that is that Spider Veins are even smaller than Varicose Veins.
In general, Varicose veins are small.They are more prominent in the skin due to their strong colouring and in some cases they can also appear raised on the skin’s surface. Due to their shape they can often be compared to looking like a spider web or tree branches. They can be caused by damages to valves in the veins, a backup of blood, sun exposure, hormone changes and various injuries.
What Factors Increase The Risk Of Acquiring Spider Veins?
There are various factors that can increase the risk of getting spider veins, some of which are unavoidable but still worth knowing.
- Increasing age
- The valves in your veins weaken as you age.
- Being overweight adds pressure to your veins.
- Hormone changes
- During puberty/pregnancy/menopause.
- Sun exposure
- Particularly if you have fair skin.
- A lack of movement means that your veins have to work hard to pump blood around your body.
- During this time there is an increase in pressure put on your veins and also an increase in the amount of blood in your body.
- Medicines containing estrogen and progesterone contribute to the formation of varicose and spider veins.
- Medical history
- You may have had family members that have had problems with their veins, meaning you could be born with weak valves.
Laser Treatment For Spider Veins In Liverpool
If this is a problem that you suffer with, then I’m sure you know that it can be a daily struggle to try and hide these unsightly veins that can often be embarrassing. Luckily, here at Sthetix Clinic in Liverpool, we offer laser treatment for Spider Veins using only the most advanced laser technology.
All of our procedures are performed by professional plastic surgeons with whom you will first meet to discuss your treatment through a free consultation process. This will help us to create a treatment plan that is tailored to your personal needs.
Many clients leave us with their desired results, but don’t take our word for it. Follow the links below to our before and after gallery of images and the impressive reviews from our previous patients.
Book your free consultation now.